Simulcast allows buyers and sellers to participate in an auction online. Virtual buyers gain entrance into the lanes and sellers can represent their vehicles remotely.
Why use Simulcast?
Simulcast helps you:
- Bid without leaving your dealership
- Utilize multiple auction locations
- Find an effective way to purchase specifically targeted vehicles and for consignors to gain visibility for their products
- The pre-sale catalog is subject to change at any time prior to the sale.
- It is the responsibility of the buyer to verify all vehicle information prior to the time of the sale.
- The NAAA Arbitration Policy applies to the sale of these vehicles.
- You must click Bid to participate in the bidding on a vehicle.
Proxy Bidding Rules
Entering Proxy Bids
- In order to utilize proxy bidding, your account must have a valid email address.
- Your proxy bid represents the maximum amount you are willing to pay for the vehicle. This information is not visible to Manheim employees, sellers, or other bidders.
- Proxy bids can only be entered in amounts divisible by 50 (effective 2/10/17).
- When entering a proxy bid, you must select the dealership you are bidding on behalf of.
- When a car is given a proxy bid amount, it is automatically added to the Simulcast Watch and Proxy List.
- Proxy bids may be entered, edited, or deleted any time before the vehicle reaches the block. When the vehicle is on the block, proxy bids may not be entered, edited, or deleted.
- If the vehicle leaves the block as a no-sale, the auction may rerun it. You will have an opportunity to enter a proxy bid, or edit or delete existing proxy bids at any point before the vehicle reaches the block.
How Proxy Bids Are Used
- Proxy bids will be applied when the vehicle is on the block, after the first lane or online bid is accepted for that vehicle.
- Your proxy bid amount is not visible to Manheim employees, sellers, or other bidders.
- If two proxy bids are put in for the same amount, the bid will go to the person whose bid has the earlier timestamp.
- If a vehicle no-sales the first time it crosses the block, the proxy bids will be applied again each subsequent time the vehicle crosses the block on that sale day.
- If we receive updated vehicle condition information while the car is on the block, Manheim will cancel all proxy bids. This is done for your protection.
Proxy Bid Notifications
- No notification of your proxy bid status will be provided prior to the start of the sale.
- For every proxy bid you enter, you will receive either:
- A notification email, if you are outbid
- A purchase confirmation email, if you win the vehicle
- A proxy cancelation email, if your proxy bid was canceled
Does it cost anything to buy on Simulcast?
A small buyer's fee applies to each vehicle you purchase on Simulcast. This is in addition to the normal buyer's fee charged by each Manheim auction.
What are my arbitration rights when purchasing a car on Simulcast?
The NAAA Arbitration Policy applies to the sale of these vehicles.
I clicked the "Bid" button and just after my bid, the car was sold. What happened to my bid?
If you are participating with a slower Internet connection, bids will sometimes arrive after the auctioneer has already sold the vehicle. Please attempt to bid earlier in the bidding process in order to alert the auctioneer that you have interest in that vehicle.
I just purchased a car on Simulcast. What happens next?
After you buy a vehicle on Simulcast, we will send you a purchase confirmation email that recaps the sale details. U.S. dealers will also receive a summary confirmation email when they log out of the sale. This lists all the vehicles that were purchased and includes an invoice. Canadian dealers will receive this information from the facilitating location. Depending on the purchase preferences that you selected before entering the sale (payment, post-sale inspection, transportation), the facilitating location may contact you for additional information. To edit purchase preferences after the sale, please contact the facilitating location.
What is a closed sale? Why can't I view it?
Closed sales are restricted so that only certain buyers can participate. Anyone can view the pre-sale inventory, but only authorized dealerships will be able to enter the sale. If you believe that you should have access to a particular closed sale, please call Customer Care at 1-866-MANHEIM (626-4346).
Why do I receive the message "User already logged in. Override login?"
Two devices are logged in with the same username and are trying to view the same Simulcast sale. This can happen because:
- Another person is using your login and viewing the sale
- You are trying to switch from one device to another
Simulcast will ask if you want to override the other login. Clicking OK will disconnect the other account/device.
Why doesn't anything happen when I click "Enter Sale"?
Your browser’s pop-up blocker is most likely causing this. There are two ways to resolve this issue.
- Disable the pop-up blocker. Follow your browser’s instructions to allow all pop-ups to display.
- Allow only Manheim pop-ups to display: Follow your browser’s instructions to add an exception for https://*.manheim.com. (This is not available in Safari.)
Learn more about managing pop-ups for a particular browser:
I’m using Internet Explorer to access Simulcast. I can see video and hear audio, but there is no data displaying. What should I do?
Add https://*.manheim.com to your list of trusted sites. Here’s how to solve this problem:
- Click the Internet Explorer Tools menu and select Internet Options.
- Click the Security tab and click on the Trusted Sites icon, then click the Sites button.
- In the pop-up, type https://*.manheim.com in the box and click Add. Then, click Close.
- Click OK on the Internet Options screen, then try to enter the sale again.
The sale is running and I can see video, but I have no audio. Why?
- Check your computer volume: Make sure that your computer’s sound is not turned down or muted, and that any external speakers are correctly connected to your computer.
- Check Simulcast volume: Hover over the Simulcast video display with your mouse. A volume control will appear, so make sure the sound is not turned down or muted.
If you’ve performed these checks and still do not hear audio, please call Manheim Customer Care at
Why does the video look choppy? Why am I seeing a photo instead of a video?
Your video experience may vary for a couple reasons:
- Bandwidth constraints: Our system chooses the best video quality based on your connection speed. You may see top-tier video, a mid-tier video, or a photo.
Photo-only: You may also see a photo instead of a video if you are viewing a photo-only sale or vehicle. If you click View Video, you’ll be able to see lane activity, but not a video of the vehicle.
Why is the vehicle description lagging behind the video of the car that is currently in the lane?
As when attending a physical auction, vehicles commonly leave the auction lane before bidding is completed.
Recommended System Requirements
Simulcast works best on browsers that are up to date. If you're not sure whether your browser is up to date, visit whatbrowser.org to check for new versions. You can also try switching to a browser that updates automatically, like Firefox.
In general, a wired Internet connection gives you the best Simulcast experience.
Best High-speed wired
Good High-speed wireless
Acceptable Cellular (3G/4G)
Minimum 512 kb/s
Computer Memory 1 GB+
Processor Windows: Faster than 1.6 GHz
Mac: Faster than 1.83 GHz
Windows Windows 7 or Windows 8
Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion
Internet Explorer's Compatibility View
Compatibility View makes new versions of Internet Explorer act like older ones. If you have an up-to-date copy of Internet Explorer but are still seeing messages to update your browser, try turning off Compatibility View. Learn how to do this for your browser:
Avoid running a virus scan at the same time as Simulcast. The normal background activities of antivirus programs like Norton or Windows Security are fine, but running an active system scan can interfere with your experience.
If you've been using Simulcast for more than a few months, your system might have old port and IP information. To continue getting audio and video, please make sure your settings are up-to-date.
Because these directions are designed for IT specialists, we recommend asking your company's system or network administrator to confirm these settings.
To explicitly let Simulcast run on your network, open or allow access to:
TCP Port IP Address
Simulcast runs on an application server (stream.manheim.com), and the video and audio reach the client from separate A/V streaming servers. The A/V stream is a persistent TCP connection.
Because multiple Simulcast streams can use up all available resources on a proxy server, we don't recommend using a proxy. If you're required to use a proxy, please grant access to http://video.manheim.com and http://simulcast.manheim.com.
Manheim Media Player Plug-In Installation
Choose your browser for instructions on how to install and enable the Manheim Media Player Plug-In.
Internet Explorer 9+
- On the Simulcast page, look for this message at the bottom of your browser window:
Internet Explorer 9 Manheim Media Player Plug-In Installation
- Click Allow.
- A pop-up will display that asks Do you want to allow the following program to make changes to this computer? Click Yes.
- The plug-in will install automatically within a few seconds, and then you can enter a sale.
If you’ve installed the plug-in but are unable to enter a sale, you might need to enable the plug-in. You can enable plug-ins in Internet Explorer 9 and Internet Explorer 10.
- On the Simulcast page, look for this pop-up message:
Firefox Manheim Media Player Plug-In Installation
- Click Allow.
- A pop-up will display that says Install add-ons only from authors whom you trust. Click Install Now.
- Firefox will ask you to restart your browser. Click Restart Now. When Firefox reloads, you will be able to enter a sale.
If you’ve installed the plug-in but are unable to enter a sale, you might need to enable the plug-in. You can enable plug-ins in Firefox.
- On the Simulcast page, the Manheim Media Player plug-in will download automatically.
- Click on the download progress indicator that displays next to the URL bar. A Downloads pop-up will display.
- Double-click “ManheimAVPlugin-2-mac-safari.pkg” and step through the Mac Installer.
- Restart Safari, then navigate to http://www.manheim.com to log in and enter the sale.
If you’ve installed the plug-in but are unable to enter a sale, you might need to turn the plug-in on. You can turn on extensions in Safari 5 and Safari 6.
Simulcast Mobile FAQs
What is Simulcast on Mobile?
Simulcast on Mobile is a feature of the Manheim mobile application, which allows customers to participate in Simulcast sales from their Apple/Android devices (smartphones and tablets).
Why should I use Simulcast on Mobile?
Simulcast on Mobile lets you attend a sale from wherever you are — your dealership lot, your home, your office, even the airport — anywhere you have an available Internet connection. It also allows you to bid in multiple auctions at the same time. For instance, you can be at the auction bidding on one vehicle, and still bid on inventory in a different lane or location.
How will I benefit from using Simulcast on Mobile?
With Simulcast on Mobile, you are no longer required to physically be at the auction or on your computer. Manheim has provided you the flexibility to interact from anywhere you have Internet connectivity.
I have never used Simulcast — how do I get started?
To participate in Simulcast sales, you must be a registered dealer with a Manheim username and password. To sign up, please visit www.manheim.com. For additional assistance, contact Manheim Customer Care at 1-866-MANHEIM (626-4346).
How do I use Simulcast on Mobile from my mobile device?
For the optimal experience, we recommend that you download the free Manheim app. Go to the Apple App Store or Google Play, search for "Manheim," and install the app onto your mobile device. Then, log in to get started.
On the home screen, click Simulcast to see available inventory and participate in today’s sale. You may also access sales from pre-sale inventory, search result, vehicle summary, or vehicle detail pages.
Is Simulcast on Mobile available for buyers and sellers?
At the moment, Simulcast on Mobile is only available for buyers.
What about vehicle announcements? Will I still see those?
Simulcast on Mobile shows the light system (red, yellow, green, and blue), as well as a running display of announcements and remarks about the vehicle currently on the block. If the block clerk enters any additional information, you'll also see that.
Why can’t I see the list of vehicles I bought?
Simulcast on Mobile does not currently feature Your Buys, available on traditional Simulcast. However, your purchased vehicles will be highlighted in the listings. In addition, you’ll see sold vehicles (and who purchased them) and no sales.
Why don’t I see all the vehicle information?
To provide you with the optimal experience for your device, vehicle details are displayed in a mobile-friendly format. Basic information displays by default, and any category may be collapsed or expanded as needed.
What happens after I buy the vehicle?
As with traditional experience, you will receive a confirmation email after you purchase a vehicle. At the end of your session, you will also receive a summary of all your purchases.
If I buy a car in the lane on Simulcast on Mobile, does my purchase adhere to Manheim in-lane or online policies?
All purchases made via Simulcast on Mobile will adhere to online policies.
What Apple iOS versions are supported for Simulcast on Mobile?
To participate in Simulcast on Mobile on your iPhone or iPad, we recommend that you have iOS 5.0 or higher. Please note that if you choose to use an older iOS version, you may not experience optimal performance.
What else do I need to do to participate in Simulcast on Mobile?
To participate, you should make sure you have the most current version of the Manheim app.
What about buyer fees? Are the Simulcast on Mobile fees the same as the ones for traditional Simulcast?
Yes, our standard $50 Simulcast buyer fee still applies.
Should I use Wi-Fi or my cellular data network to participate in Simulcast on Mobile?
For the best experience, we recommend that you use Wi-Fi. However, you can still participate via your cellular data network.
Can I participate in a remote lot or independent auction sales?
Currently, remote lot and independent auctions are not included in Simulcast on Mobile sales.